Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, my kitten is 7 months old now and i was wondering if it would be okay to introduce her to home grown cat grass?? that you grow your self for cats, im just concerend about if her digestive system can handle it being only 7 months.

thanks again :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Only thing I'm scared of about cat grass is they have right on them they are not responsible for any health problems that arise. that kinda scares me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. ill just let her have it maybe twice a day for a bit, and watch how she handles it :wink:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would giving her access to it in the A.M. for munching and P.M. for munching be a good idea?, i think twice a day access may be better then leaving it out all the time, i don't want her to ignore her nutritious food and just eat grass all day :?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well - our cats that were outside would eat it all the time...

Just the stuff you can buy scares me cause of the warning. Probably stupid...

·
Registered
52 Posts
yea i'm sure its fine.. just make sure she doesnt eat TOO much, as out side cats eat grass sometimes to help induce vomiting (helps clear out those hairballs!) But a lil bit is healthy i'm sure! Tiber gets his greens by eating some dried cat nip every once in a while ;) seems to calm him down more then frisk him up! must be like riddlen for add kids! :lol:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cat Grass
"Eating grass has a purely mechanical action for the cat. Ingested blades of grass will trigger regurgitation of indigestible or hard to digest matter, such as the cat's own hair swallowed during grooming or larger bones of her prey. Expelling this matter through regurgitation - in a very similar fashion to birds of prey - is safer than letting it pass through the digestive tract where it could potentially cause a blockage.
A cat craving a "stomach cleanse" with no available grass may start to nibble on all sorts of things - especially house plants. Therefore, provide indoor cats with potted grass at all times, but discourage your cat from eating grass right after meal time, as otherwise dinner may come right back out. "

http://www.felinefuture.com/nutrition/bpo_ch9.php

1 - 15 of 15 Posts