Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone give their cats Cat Grass, (the kind you buy/grow that is specifically for pets)?
My cat seems to get cravings for plants. She has tried to eat our houseplants, which are cat-safe, but I thought I'd get her her own grass instead. It is actually Oat Grass that you grow at home. But everytime she eats it, she automatically throws up. This also happens with house plant leaves. Is this grass bad for her? Or can she just not tolerate greens?
Any suggestions/personal experiences would be helpful. Until then, i took the grass away. Thanks!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yeah, Clover loves it!! The other cats aren't too interested in it... I think they like it a little bit.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Thomas adores cat grass. I wish I could find some that didn't die after a few weeks. Does anyone know of any?

He ate the whole thing, but never threw up. I don't think that is a typical reaction to eating cat grass. Maybe your cat just can't deal with the ruffage.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
When I take my cats outside on their leashes, they'll eat the grass and then throw up. I was under the impression that many cats eat the grass as an emetic, so that it brings up any hair or other unfavourable stuff from their stomach.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I buy cat grass from the grocery store and my cat really likes them...he'll grab it throw it down then start chewing on it...but he'll almost always start eating it when it's almost about to die...it can be fresh and he wont care for it...so i gotta go and buy another one :/

·
Registered
237 Posts
i brought some home and tyra seemed to like chewing on it at first... but then lost interest after a few days. i guess i'll have to try it again sometime. tyson didn't take to it at all, he just sniffed it and walked away... but then again, he's a picky eater. :lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've tried it with mixed results. Baily will eat some then dig in the dirt.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I bought the kind that you just water and several days later you have grass. Both kitties loved it...Zoë more than Surf when I think about it. But it grew and grew...much quicker than they could even begin to eat it. Then it died...
I would like to find seeds so I could plant as much as I needed in a small pot, water it as needed and trim it. If I do end up starting a non-profit kitty organization, I plan to generate funds from selling kitty products on-line.
http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7180&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult
This will be one of my first products! Cat-nip seeds that you can plant and grow will be product number 2.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Stix will kill for cat grass. I swear he looked like a cow eating the stuff.

After mine grew, it didnt last more than a week because he found a way to jump on top of the entertainment center and knock the pot of grass down. I found dirt everywhere in the morning. He was a bad boy so he can't get any catgrass for a while.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
jonsgirl said:
Stix will kill for cat grass. I swear he looked like a cow eating the stuff.

After mine grew, it didnt last more than a week because he found a way to jump on top of the entertainment center and knock the pot of grass down. I found dirt everywhere in the morning. He was a bad boy so he can't get any catgrass for a while.

LLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts