Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have their cat/s groomed (bathed, brushed, claws trimmed, etc.)?

We do regular maintenance on our own, but Truman (long white dense coat) is a special case that I'm wanting to hire out. I'm just very leery of handing him over to a stranger. What are good things to look for in a groomer? What questions should I ask when looking around?

Cat only grooming days (no dogs).
What else?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I do all the bath/brush/trimming myself, so cannot help with the groomer question...
But we do have a member called NJgroomer, who is a pro. Maybe you can pm her if you don't find any good answer in the post?

PS: I thought ragdoll's coat is not that hard to maintain...

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info on NJgroomer.

He doesn't mat and he keeps himself clean but despite what anyone says about ragdolls, the majority of them shed like crazy and they have A LOT of hair.

I have my Husky groomed. I don't groom her myself because it would take me a week and a lot of aggrivation to get the hair out that her groomer does in one short visit. Add to that a bath and nail trimming and it's quite worth it.

·
Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
Most cats never have to be professionally groomed.

Many places now require an up-to-date rabies vaccination, so have that handy.

Instead of a bath, you could have the groomer just comb her out really well. That's where the hair comes out, not during the bath. I've had mine to do that before, along with the nail trimming.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the hair is the issue, and the precise target.

On my way home yesterday I stopped at one of the groomers that I found from a web search who said they groom cats. I went inside to be greeted by the sound of a screaming (crying) child of about a year old or so. I don't really know how old it was. I'm terrible with humans. The groomer was holding the kid while helping some ladies and he (I think) wasn't happy about it. Anyway, I started looking around at the pet stuff they had available (dog only) and over heard the groomer tell one of the ladies that her dog licked the scissors and cut her tongue. "Thankfully we got the bleeding stopped....." she said.

I walked out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.