Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that a common behavior in cats? He groomed it energetically for a long time, as if it was his little baby, then held it between his arms as he fell asleep... People have always told me this toy looks so much like a real kitten, but cats have the sense of smell to guide them... Besides, he's a male, LOL

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
My cats like mousey's sort of the feline equivalent to a teddy bear. Now, they are fixated on a furry ball from the end of a scarf I had. It looks like a furry pom pom and they play with it, groom it, and drool all over it. It's perfectly normal :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
yeap, mine does the same with her furry toy, she bites it and scratches it and then when she feels all tired of playing and she begins to get sleepy she grooms the toy first and then continues with herself. Very funny to watch, I agree.

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Cali licks her newest furry toy until it's sopping wet. ewwwwwww!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Whenever I give Muffs a toys with feathers, she always grooms the feathered part. She must have visions of mothering birds!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL it's so sweet...!

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's so sweet! Genie just rips feathery things and small mouse toys apart and is scared of the fluffy stuffed snake I bought her.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do cats lick their prey indeed?

·
Registered
469 Posts
My cat Kent LOVES to lick his blue mouse. However it isn't fuzzy in any way, just a toy my mother got him made of cotton fabric. He won't play with it, won't share it, and spends his time licking it until it is soaked then purring in satisfaction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts