Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I had a question. A while ago, I showed a friend a picture of my cats Luna and miel , and she noted how fluffy they were, but also mentioned it might be because of winter...I was curious...these are 8 month kittens...do you think this is normal hair growth, and not just seasonal?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I am no expert but I would say this is normal but maybe a bit thicker due to season but not much.... your cats BTW are gorgeous

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Looks like normal hair growth for medium haired cats to me. With med/long haired cats it can take until they're 3 to get their full coat in. Torri definitely gets a fuller coat during the winter too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Jenny! I remind them everyday how beautiful/handsome they are. and glad to hear from both of you that this should be a typical thing for them!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Oooh, Jadis! I just had to say your kitties do indeed look fabulous! Love their fluffy coats and coloration on both! :luv

Seems you've been doing a wonderful job in caring for these two! :thumb

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have a thing for fluffy cats!

We have 2... and my wife use to have one before we where married, but she had to be put to sleep in 2012.

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
That's so sad. Do you miss your wife much?

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Just remember when you get a new wife, she'll have to be slowly introduced to the cats. So, keep her in one room until she acclimates and then introduce her slowly to the rest of the house.

See if you can get her to bat paws through the door with the cats... that might help with positive reinforcement.. also try feeding her right by the door with them eating on the other side.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Both beautiful medium longhaired cats showing normal hair growth. Love your brown torbie girl's colouring, and very nice colouring on your red tabby boy I presume? They both may have longer coats as they mature into their second year, especially for winter season. Are they from the same litter?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all! Tabbcatt, thank you, yes I love the fluffiess
To answer everyone else's questions, ...yes the red is a boy. A silly boy. They are brother and sister from the same litter :) Thank you, i"m glad to hear they'll retain their coat.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Marie and MowMow, you guys are just BAD! LOL

Yes, that is normal coat length, if anything it will get thicker in the winter not longer. They are what we would call DLH, domestic long hair.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts