Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past, my husband and I at separate times have both had cats that started "living" in the bathroom right before they died. They both died about 2 weeks after setting up camp.

My husbands 15 year old has started living in the upstairs bathroom. She's been to a vet and he says she is fine. She did have one thyroid gland removed about a year and a half ago.

Is there anything (an article or something) about this behavior, if indeed she is preparing to die. I of course don't want her to die, and all that, but she is old and I was wondering if DH and I have just coincendences with this behavior and she has just found a new place to sleep. She is just as light as a feather when we pick her up and she wasn't always like that either--she's a small kitty and light, but my 6 pound kitty is heavier feeling than TT.....

·
Registered
600 Posts
This sounds very strange behavior to me but maybe I'm wrong..what do you mean exactly by living in the bathroom? Do they hide, like behind something..if so it could be they are indeed sick or could be they are afraid or hurt.
If they don't hide it is_don't take my word for it_ just a preference..I've had cats that liked the bathroom very much, one that did most of his napping on the bath rug, plushy I guess..played on the sink, slept in the bathtub, etc..also I think they like it b/c the bathroom is smaller than other rooms and they are most of the time undisturbed..sorry I can't help you more tignor.
For cat behavior check Stephen Budiansky book "The Character of Cats"
Best Luck..I hope your kitty is OK, tell us how is she doing

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
The bathroom is quiet, so if your kitty is not feeling good, it is a good place to rest. Does she have a normal temperature now? (I know she was at the vet recently) The tile floor, being cool, might feel better to her. Of course cats love bathrooms, for some reason, so I will join you in hoping that all is well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts