Cat Forum banner

Cat has depression

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  dazzledar 
#1 ·
Hi all

I was wondering if any of you have some suggestion please? My cat broke her pelvis ( long story) and I have to keep her in a confined cage for 4-6 weeks. We are now on week 2, and she seems very depressed ( I can hardly blame her!). I've tried giving her lots of attention etc and rubbing her but nothing seems to cheer her up. Any tips/suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks

#3 ·
Maybe play with a long pheasant or ostrich feather through the cage would amuse her. Also catnipped toys. Just grasping here, as I've never had a cat in that situation.

#7 ·
My Miu doesn't care about catnip toys either, but she likes to bat mouse toys probably because of the size and shape. Since she has to stay put, I'm not sure how much play would be okay.

How'd the 'increasing your presence' method going? Is she showing any difference? I started out with Jack the skittish stray by talking to him a lot. Nonsensical sometimes, but as long as it was my voice. I'd tell him about my day, how he's so handsome, asking him why he's skittish or where he came from...etc etc..

Anyways, hope she has speedy recovery!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.