Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an individual who is new to cat ownership I can't help but be a bit concerned with Indy's discolored eyes. I noticed it when I was taking photos of him. In one eyes towards the bottom there has a dark area. It looks like a bruise but I know that it isn't. Indy will be going for a full check up in a few days so I'm sure the vet will know if it something that needs to be watched.

Opinions or am I being overly worried about nothing?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Please relax, overprotective cat mama :D

I'm 90% sure it's nothing to worry about. It's just pigment. My Meatball has those dark areas in her eyes as well. She went through 4 full checks already and my vet checked her eyes every time (just part of the routine, not because I asked him to). He never commented about anything wrong with her eyes.

Attaching a picture of Meatball's eyes here. See the dark area? It's not always that obvious. Depends on angle and lightening. But it's definitely there.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Relax! :) Pigment can be weird like that. Pinky has green around her pupils.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I say good on you for noticing the anomaly. This time it seems to just be a differently pigmented spot, however your obvious diligence and attention will help you catch any real issues early and early detection is often so important :)

Good job.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yes MowMow makes a good point, you notice the little things and that will help in future reference!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I second what MowMow said. Doesn't seem like anything to worry about, but always question something that may be 'off.'

You can see the brown splash in Matrix's left eye very well in this photo. A few of my friends have asked me what's wrong with it, and that's just how it's colored.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts