Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I was curious if anyone has advice on my situation.
4 month old cat scratched a hole underneath my couch. when I realized she was walking around the couch boards underneath the pillows, I got her out after some struggle and I covered the hole with duct tape and the issue was done. Couple days later she had ripped off the tape and again went into the hole she made. Again I covered the hole with tape and then put on sticky double sided tape on top of the tape. Still somehow she managed to rip off a side of the tape, enough to make it into the hole.

i have now place a barrier underneath the hole so it can not be accessed, also covered the ways underneath the couch completely with various things around the house, cardboard,2x4s, and still she’s very very persistent in finding ways to get underneath the couch.
i have two identical couch’s in a L Shape and she will go under the Other couch with no issues, no digging.
i have made her hiding boxes(boxes with small holes), she has made other acceptable hiding places, plenty of toys, scratching posts so I’m quiet frustrated that she is so persistent in getting access to the couch she’s not suppose to be.

I have deterred with cat smell spray around the couch, covered with sticky, I have tried aluminum foil, but still she’s starting to get more and more courage to start clawing or digging her way to regain access right in front of me.

·
Super Moderator
27,227 Posts
I had that problem with one of my cats, but it was under the bed with the box spring. I tried everything and eventually put a bunch of boxes under the bed. And still she could get into the box spring. I had always wanted a platform bed so I finally saved up and bought one. Now I have a recliner and reclining sofa and they don't even go under there, which is great, but surprising.

You could set up a scat mat under the sofa.

Google "Trusted Pets Sofa Scram Pet Deterrent Scat Mat" - it emits a noise, not a shock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts