Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was just browsing thewayofcats blog, where I've learned a LOT more about cats over the past few days, when I stumbled across this video. Its from '08 and a bit old, so yall might have already seen it, but I thought it was pretty cool. Maybe some of the members in California have heard of this place?

I can only dream of that many cats lol.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I've seen this video before but I enjoyed it again for the umpteeth time. The cats are all so well cared for and they're obviously very happy there. Have you ever seen so many cats with their tails straight up in the air all milling about? Not a growl, or a hiss. They have the space to be free. It's a fantastic shelter. I know she does not do all the work herself, but has an army of volunteers. It's the best rescue facility I've ever seen for cats.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
That's a great place! I volunteer at the largest no-kill cat sanctuary in North America (supposedly)... 800+ cats on 6 acres ... this place, while the same number of acres, looks a lot nicer; more open (with grass and more than one tree!) but with that is a huge problem I have with this place:

No confinement of any kind can lead to problems when dealing with such a large number of cats. Outbreaks do happen, therefore, keeping cats in certain areas can really be an essential part of caring for them. Can you imagine if something like FIV started to spread there? Sure, all the cats get along for the most part, but fights do happen. Or even something like ringworm. What a nightmare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts