Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yoda, my 7 year old nm Oriental Shorthair, has enjoyed his old scratching post for years and it is looking pretty ratty as a result of his attentions. About a year ago I decided to purchase a new scratchign post for him. It is similar to the old one--a carpet covered post on a board. It is a bit taller because I thought my leggy boy would enjoy the extra height. I placed the new post in the same spot the old post had occupied. It is now a year later and Yoda has never used the new post. He seeks out the old post in the guest room--I hesitated to throw it out until he had accepted the new post.

Any suggestions about introducing the new post would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Julia had had an old scratching post she had used a lot, but it was thrown out before she got to me. She's good natured and doesn't claw things, but I got a new one anyway which she doesn't seem to like. Or use anyway. Although my declawed cat "uses" it. I think I'm going to try to put some catnip on it. Or in it (the top comes off, although I don't think it's supposed to).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.