Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are cats scared of the dark? i'm thinking of shipping my cat overnight in a large UPS box, has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bad situation :-(

i'm moving out of the country and face a month long car ride, i was hoping to overnight my cat to my relatives so he wouldn't have to be on the road for a month, i don't have a cat carrier and have to leave in two days..

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Well, I doubt any transport company, such as UPS, DHL or whatever would allow you to ship animals in a box. They probably require a proper transport cage and might also require some type of special flights in aircargo storages that is pressurized.... I bet you don't want a dead cat to arrive to your parents.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hahahahaha....what a BAD picture! It makes me think of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation...when the great aunt or whatever she is brings her cat wrapped up in a box as a Christmas gift by accident.

I HIGHLY doubt UPS or any other shipping company would ship your cat in a box. It seems kind of mean to me! I think you would need a proper cat carrier in order for your cat to go anywhere on a plane.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
From http://www.ups.com:

(iv) UPS does not regularly provide service for packages containing live animals. UPS will only accept live animal shipments on an exception basis. Transportation for packages containing live animals is limited, must be prearranged, and as with all other packages, will be provided only according to the terms and conditions contained in the UPS Service and Rate Guide.

It's fairly common to ship fish UPS, but I'm not sure they'd take cats. Even if they did, there's a better way to ship your cat. I did a quick Google search using the keywords "shipping" and "animals" and it seems that mostly airlines ship animals and they all have their own guidelines to do so. I would recommend doing your own Google search and then personally contacting the airlines that offer this service for pricing and instructions.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts