Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel soooo terrible, I left Twinkie in the closet all day today. I get up in the morning, feed them and get ready for work around 6:30am... I go in my closet to find clothes for work and I always see if one of the 2 go in the closet and I kick them out. Then I do the usual petting before I go to work, even if I'm late I will pet their heads before I go. Well, my bf was out during the early afternoon and then came home to nap and then just now when its like 5pm he heard Twinkie meowing to let him out! Thank goodness he didn't do anything in there b/c I swear my clothes would have to be thrown out!!

I feel bad though, poor baby... of all days I do this and I never leave them in the closet! You see Sugar would start meowing right away or soon enough but nope not Twinkie! But my bf says he seems fine, just probably napping the whole time.... <<))

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Oh poor little Twinkie - but don't feel guilty, Kitkat - it only happened once. He probably learned his lesson and won't hide in the closet any more :wink:

·
Banned
410 Posts
I have to do a "head count" every morning so that doesn't happen to my kitties. I don't know what their fascination is with the closet--maybe just cause they don't get in there very often--but I have to chase them out of the closet every day!!! Grrr!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Awww Im sure he forgives you! I did that to Kota the week that I got her. My bf emailed me at work and said "Do you know where the baby was this morning? You shut her in the closet, when I opened it to get something she was sleeping on the floor..". I felt so bad! Poor monkey!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad he forgives me. He nuzzled his head on me today which he hasn't done for weeks, maybe I should put him in the closet more often hehehe, jk... :wink:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Totally understandable. Velvet is obsessed with the bedroom closet and will often run in there in the morning. I always make sure to find her before I shut the closet doors. She did get shut in there for a few hours when she was younger. You would think they would learn. :roll: :D

·
Registered
917 Posts
now, instead of trying to get in the closet, cujo tries to bat at me through the crack between the door and the wall. i'm terrified that i'm going to shut his paw in the door someday. i have to keep careful track of him whenever i have the closet open!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
My parents had this huge grandfather clock. The kind you had to wind every week. Well, Sabby loved getting inside the clock while I was winding it. One night he got shut in there and I didn't notice until the next morning. It was really early and I was waiting for my carpool when I heard meowing. I thought he was outside, so I went to all the doors to let him in, but he wasn't there... Finally, I look at the clock and there's his little face peeking out from the glass. I felt horrible!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Oh Sabby's little face peeking through the glass - I bet it melted your heart! I can only imagine - he is just so darn cute :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts