Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently get a pet cat he is outdoor cat and two days ago he was limping for an hour then back to normal but keep twirling his leg after every one or two hour for 1 or 2 second. So I checked his foot his pad feel soft but I think his claw got injured because when I touch he meow so that I would let go of his paw. Other than that he quite active won't stay at one place . So I disinfect his feet with dilute Detoll and apply polyflex he licks it just two or three time then I put on the sock on his leg. Now I read that both Detol and polyflex is toxic for cat.:( Now what to do?

· Registered
11 Posts
Best advice I can give is to get him to a vet, they can check both his foot and give advice on the Detol and the Polyflex, take the containers with you so the vet can see exactly what was used and can say if the amount he ingested while licking it off will do any harm and if there is anything that can be done to mitigate it.

In future, my advice is good old salt water for cleaning any injury. Boil some water, mix in a reasonable amount of salt, and let it cool, then use that to clean any area. Boiling the water is really just an added precaution, if you need to clean an injury quickly then just cold water and salt will do the job. However nothing beats a vet check to be on the safe side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts