Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anything that would keep the cat from being able to do this? My husband has dealt with the stupidity of the xbox360 having motion sensors for on/off and eject, and with my cats going by them and doing things that just generally mess up the game (ie...literally, stop it. by ejecting or powering off the console). Well, he just got a new computer, and apparently, whomever puts together Alienware computers doesn't think of cats and sticks the power button nearly on top of the darn thing. So needless to say there was a lot of frustration when a cat jumped on his tower and powered off the computer in the middle of Skyrim. His tower is large, so sadly, I doubt it will fit in the nice little "tower" area of his desk, where a cat couldn't get on top of it.

I'm thinking of maybe making a wooden "surrounding" for it, around the top and sides, with like an inch of space so air can flow through, but my cats can't get on it... does anyone know of something like that being made?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm not familiar with how the motion sensor works on the xbox360, but I do know the regular box gets awfully hot. I wouldn't recommend enclosing it as I could easily see it being a fire hazard.

·
Registered
431 Posts
We've been through all of that at our house. Between the xbox (which we did enclose in an entertainment stand... we vented the back on that shelf and have had no problems with the heat it puts off) and my computer, which also has a power switch on top, got the Ssscat repellent can put on top of it for a couple of days, and BAM no more cats. That stuff worked at keeping my kitten Waffles off of the counter and sink in the kitchen, he only set it off once, and we haven't seen him up there since.

·
Registered
594 Posts
We used to have motion sensor lights in the stairs and hallway, but I had to disconnect them with all the catctivity during the night. Kitties also got behind the entertainment tower and stepped on the 'on/off' buton for the power supply, so all our tivo recording didn't happen that day. I guess its all part of owning cats. We have a lot of computers here (we're both in the software business), but so far no one has stepped on a power button, which they could when we leave the laptop open.

My work colleague almost had his house burn down though.. they left something flammable on top of the electric stove, and the kitty jumped up there and stepped on a button to turn the burner on. At least they were home and able to put out the flames!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Milky LOVES standing on the TV remote with a passion!!! It's as if he purposely stands on all the buttons!! So far, he has turned it on, turned it off, changed channels, muted and turned down the volume...

He has also recently started getting a bit nosey when we turn the laptops on. He tries to walk across it. We now have to stop him from doing so, because last time he walked across my husband's new laptop, he managed to press a multitude of buttons and we had to force the laptop to shut down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts