Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal, or is my cat telling me that I'm not giving correct/enough nutrition? She's a Maine Coone and stays indoors. I feed her dry food and she's 5 years old now, but she has been chewing on plastic for awhile.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Dylan tries to chew on anything plastic, and he is alos a Maine coon, but I don't think it's particular to the breed. i think cats must just like the texture of it...

Dylan never tries to swallow plastic, just chews :lol:

·
Registered
821 Posts
My Siamese cat Maleke LOVES to gnaw on plastic as well. I don't encourage it, as I'm afraid if he swallows it he will get really sick. But whenever he finds the chance (usually when we are bringing groceries in) he will just gnaw away!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad my cat's not the only one that does it for "fun" then. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Keeter is a big plastic fanatic too..Maine Coon, as well. :) She licks plastic bags and actually sleeps on top of a heavy duty plastic bag that a blanket came in. I'm always joking with my bf saying Keeter's happy as long as she has her daddy, her plastic, and her sink. (She loves to drink water from the faucet)

Spaz loves getting inside plastic bags...weirdo kitty! Those ones you get from the grocery store...I found her inside one a few years ago and picked up the bag thinking she'd jump out..but she just stayed curled up in the bottom happy as a lark! That's what gave me the idea of using a pillowcase to take her to the vet since she throws a fit with a cat carrier. She's perfectly happy to ride to the vet curled up in a pillowcase!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Both of mine love playing in plastic bags. They like playing in and sleeping in backpacks too. When Zoë was a kitten I got 5 miles down the road before I realized she was zipped up inside of my backpack! It scared me to death but was very funny too. Now I check every bag out of habit.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
One of my cats loves plastic too. I always try to make sure I get the bags put away right away. If I don't she will most definitly take a chunk out of them. Any kind of bag to Ziploc all the way to the plastic grocery bags!

She also has a thing about tape. She loves it and is forever trying to find it on any box, etc.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
My cats have been licking plastic bags in my room lately when I don't wake up early to feed them....strange 8)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Assumpta adores plastic. Her favorite is the white plastic sleeves on Saltine crackers. We'll be sitting at the coffee table, eating a quick bowl of soup for lunch, and you'll see two ear tips and whiskers.....then <SHOOP!> the entire sleeve of saltines instantly disappears off the edge of the table, quick as a wink, conquered by the Mighty Huntress Assumpta. All my saltine wrappers have teeth marks and punctures in them. Very embarrassing when friends visit :roll:

She also jumps up and down on plastic bags to wake us up if we're slow getting breakfast for her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts