Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 male cats aged 4 years old,they have both been neautered but 1 of them has always peed eveywhere. He goes through a spell of not peeing anywhere but his litter tray but just recently he will pee on things such as a pile of clothes, my childrens toys ad even my little girls bed! My husband wants to get rid of him as we are moving soon an he doesn't want him peeing on our new carpets but I want to keep both cats. ANY IDEAS PPL

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Ditto.
The number one reason cats pee inappropriately is due to Urinary Tract Inflamation/Infections. Only a vet visit can rule this medical problem out and fix/cure it. Cats with UTIs will avoid the litterbox when the UTI is active because it HURTS to pee, so they think it *hurts to pee in the litterbox* and will then search out OTHER areas to pee, hoping these other, soft, smooth surfaces WON'T hurt to pee on.

It would be unfair to give him up when the cat is having a medical problem and you do nothing to try to help him recover from it. It is obvious to me (since the cat *does* use the litterbox) that it knows what the litterbox is for. When it pees elsewhere, it is because of *something* and we have to figure out what that something is. His behavior and actions are the only way he can tell you something is wrong. Listen to him, and 'what he is saying', which is he is having trouble peeing...
Vet visit, please.
heidi =^..^=

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
I think that is great! Let us know what the vet says. Sometimes, the information you share can help other new members who are going through the same problem you are having.
h

1 - 5 of 5 Posts