Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this isnt strictly related to a cat but maybe one of you cat and dog owners can help me with it.

My best friend has a cat named tonka and a cairn terrier named "Mr James Madison". Well recently the dog has begun to eat cat poo out of the litter box.. is there a reason that he would do this and how can she make him stop...

G

·
0 Posts
Dog LOVE to eat cat poop. I don't really know why, but every dog I've ever had raided the litterbox.

My husband's rottie used to snack out of the litterbox, so I got a covered litterbox and so far he has quit. I think he's afraid he'll get his head stuck :p .

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The best solution would be to place the litter box some place where the dog cannot reach it. That would be either in a different room separated with a gate (therefore easy to access by the kitty) or at an upper level.
When I take Doodles and Idella out they love to not only eat it but also roll in it :roll: !

·
Registered
252 Posts
My Mother's dog was sooo bad to eat the kitty poo, eventually she just stopped doing it on her own. Seems soooo gross! It always made me sick to see her doing that. LoL

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I'm no dog expert, but have heard that many do this. Most people I know with both cats and dogs have their cat's litter boxes where the dogs can't reach or get to, otherwise they dig out the "treats". :roll:
Goodness, I have a very strong stomach, but I think that would make me hurl!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm sure there are dogs that do not do this, but as far as I've learned, the majority do. ==>

I'm glad I have no dog! LOL!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Brandon, it looks like everyone else answered your question. I just wanted to throw in something off the subject -- I live in Madison, Wisconsin and here we have a park named James Madison park. It's beautiful, and it's named after....guess who. Duh... Anyway -- just wanted to throw that in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts