Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this isnt strictly related to a cat but maybe one of you cat and dog owners can help me with it.

My best friend has a cat named tonka and a cairn terrier named "Mr James Madison". Well recently the dog has begun to eat cat poo out of the litter box.. is there a reason that he would do this and how can she make him stop...

G

·
Dog LOVE to eat cat poop. I don't really know why, but every dog I've ever had raided the litterbox.

My husband's rottie used to snack out of the litterbox, so I got a covered litterbox and so far he has quit. I think he's afraid he'll get his head stuck :p .

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
The best solution would be to place the litter box some place where the dog cannot reach it. That would be either in a different room separated with a gate (therefore easy to access by the kitty) or at an upper level.
When I take Doodles and Idella out they love to not only eat it but also roll in it :roll: !

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I'm no dog expert, but have heard that many do this. Most people I know with both cats and dogs have their cat's litter boxes where the dogs can't reach or get to, otherwise they dig out the "treats". :roll:
Goodness, I have a very strong stomach, but I think that would make me hurl!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Brandon, it looks like everyone else answered your question. I just wanted to throw in something off the subject -- I live in Madison, Wisconsin and here we have a park named James Madison park. It's beautiful, and it's named after....guess who. Duh... Anyway -- just wanted to throw that in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.