Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been feeding my friend's cats while he is away...it's only been a couple of days. They have two, a gray one and a black one. It was dark the last time I fed them, so I might not have noticed, but the black cat looks starved; the area behind its ribs is unnaturally inward, and it seemed a little tense. It also seems a bit lethargic and looks a little ruffled, like it hasn't cleaned itself in a while. It also has two spots near it's tail where it looks like it lost some hair. Both times I have come back the food and water have been completely gone, which led me to believe another neighborhood animal had been leeching off of their food, but their gray cat looks just fine. The black one did eat a little when I was there today, but not much.

What do you think the problem is?

My family has two cats but neither have this problem.
And no, I have not been lurking here :roll:.
I actually just did a search for cat forum and this came up. Hope you guys can help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went back over there and talked to the neighbors...they said that the cat has been looking like this for a month or so, and they think that the cat is very old. Specifically, they recall the family getting the cat, full grown, 12 years ago. They also said that the cat is very lethargic normally, but I can't tell if it is any more lethargic than it was before it got all skinny.

Maybe the extra info will clue you guys in.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
The owners know the cat best. If it has always been like this and seems happy within itself otherwise I wouldnt worry.

Vienna my cat is like a feather, she goes inwards at her backend because she is so skinny. It isnt a lack of food because it is always down for her, shes just like some people twiglets!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts