Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have three cats and a dog in our household. The dog (Duke, 9 years) came with my husband, my two cats are Caesar & Cleo (brother & sister, 13 years old) and we adopted a kitten for my stepdauter (Zoey, 1 year).

On the 4th of July weekend, 2 stray kittens (Max, male, approx 12 weeks; Luna, female (?), approx 8 weeks or younger) wandered into our backyard. I left them be, thinking maybe they'd go back home or something. I said hello to them a couple times and waved at them with a smile. That evening, Max climbed onto the room outside our bedroom window (the roof was for the door going into the basement) and sat there meowing all night (I had to put earplugs in). He stayed there the entire night, so in the morning i put out some cat food for him and water. He ate it and let me pet him immediately. I went outside, and Luna was by a shed toward the back of the yard staying in a stack of pallets. She wasn't so quick to trust, stayed about 2 feet away, but never ran. Was always curious. It's been a week and a half, and i've grown to love both of them so much. We can't keep them, so I've been trying to find people to adopt them since none of the shelters or organizations i've called will help. No such luck. A friend and a co-worker said they might be interested in Max, but no takers yet...

We haven't let them in the house because we're strapped for cash, and all of our animals are currently due for their annual exams & shots. I know they have worms, but I don't know if they have anything else. (Max is currently ill, but that'll be another post due to policy of the site...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts