Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PetCo has a sale and I really want to get some milk for the shelter I volunteer at. We occasionally have kittens that need to be bottle fed. We do try giving the kittens to a different mommy kitty first though. :)

What brand is the best?

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
The brand doesn't really matter I'm sure they'll be happy to get whatever you want to donate. Just make sure you're getting kitten formula, not the cat milk treat.

·
Registered
716 Posts
KMR seems to be the favorite, but i think any brand they have at Petco is ok. The only brand I would NEVER buy is Hartz- I have heard of a few instances of young kittens having seizures, they have all been on hartz brand formula. Not sure if petco even carries it, but if they do, I don't reccommend it. As Doodlebug said, make sure it is kitten formula.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I knew not to buy Hartz brand.

It looks like PetAg KMR and Just Born are the most recommended. Hopefully we won't need to use it though!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm trying to make a "baby kitty" emergency kit. What would you suggest I put in it?

I'm going to get some chicken/turkey/etc baby food with no additives. Along with some Karo syrup.

Am I missing anything?

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
Syringes and bottles for feeding

1 - 10 of 10 Posts