Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
I sing a song to MowMow that I made up with that name!

Ishkabbibles and Ishkaboos
Inky Stinkys are MowMOws

If he's being super silly I ask him if he's 'ishkabbibilan'.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think it is a great name-very unique and cute! Our kittens are almost 1 year old and do not respond to their names.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I think it's cute. :)

My only suggestion would be that the more usual spelling is Ishkabibble, so you may get some confusion if you spell yours with the double B coming first.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
I think there are no bad names. If the cat's person loves the cat while using the name, then the cat will always know love and have a name.

(and yes, I know we've seen names like Lucifer, Speed Bump, and Dead Kitty in this forum but I stand by my statement)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I love the name....and I'll bet a million that you will end up calling him Bibble....or Ischy! My Rambo answers to Rambo or Bo-Bo. Samson answers to that or Sammy. Delilah answers to Lilah and Katy-Did is that or Katie. All the cats I've had have always answered to their names....I don't know why! I do make a big fuss over them each time they respond....rubbing and saying good boy or good girl. At first I would wait until they would look at me.....then say their name and praise like crazy! My favorite is when Sammy is out in the yard...I call his name and barrels down the hill 100 miles an hour.....I have to stand back, out of the way as he flies by and into the house. Boy, do I make a fuss then!

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
I think there are no bad names. If the cat's person loves the cat while using the name, then the cat will always know love and have a name.

(and yes, I know we've seen names like Lucifer, Speed Bump, and Dead Kitty in this forum but I stand by my statement)
One of the worst names I've heard was Miss Hissy Spitty Kitty. I saw Satan, Dracula and a host of other bad names too. We have a very cute girl at the shelter called Lakshmi. No one can pronounce it and I think it is causing problems for her. She's been there since August for no good reason so I am blaming the name.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
I think I've wandered off topic, but just to say that NPR has a popular newscaster named Lakshmi Singh. Pronounced lack-shmee.
Oh, maybe that is where it came from; an Indian first name. We all thought it was a bad spelling of a made up African name. My ignorance is showing!! 8-O

I want to change it to Simba or Sheba or something that rolls off the tongue more easily. She is so pretty it's a darn shame if the name is standing in the way.

View attachment 47090

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
She looks just like a sweet/ornery little girl at our shelter named Critter.
(Hmm, probably another questionable name. I didn't name her.)

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
With her coat color and eye color, the name Misty popped into
mind...

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Cat face you changed your avatar!!:p
VERY Cute!!:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts