Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I would appreciate if anyone could help with a quick question about my cat before I rush him to the vet and get them to laugh at me for being silly and panicking without any reason.

So I had my cat neutered today and we brought him home about 3hrs ago. I checked his surgical site and I’m unsure whether the incision is normal since it was done only today or that he managed to tear it since he has not been still for a minute since he got back. He paces alot round the room and made a few jumps off the bed and my desk. I have no way of containing him other than his carrier but it would break my heart to do so.

Sorry for the icky photos. Is this normal???

Dog Carnivore Liver Grey Working animal

Whiskers Eyelash Felidae Grey Fawn

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sorry, but I don't know if the site is normal or not, but if you're not sure, I suggest calling your Vet or local emergency animal hospital right away and ask them for advice. Some places also let you send a picture instead of going in so you may be able to have her checked-out that way.

When my Kate had anesthesia for dental work, I thought she'd sleep when she got home but it was the complete opposite. She was running around the house like a crazy-cat, didn't want to eat, and wouldn't let me near her. I called the Dr and she said that some cats do have that reaction afterwards, and it took several hours but she finally settled down. You could ask your Vet about that too.

And I assure you, you're not the only one here who has rushed a cat to the ER for no good reason whatsoever! 😬

1 - 2 of 2 Posts