Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finnick was asleep on the top of the couch when he suddenly woke up, looked around, and darted behind the couch to hide. I coaxed him out easily, but he looked around unsure and has been super jumpy. He's now sleeping on my lap but is fidgeting. Do you think he had a nightmare? Is it possible for him to have nightmares? I've never had a cat exhibit this sort of behavior.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cats undergo deep sleep (rapid eye movement) just as humans do. They also have a similar brain structure to humans, so it's not out of the question for him to have a scary nightmare.

Hermione had one once, she woke up and shook her head vigorously and then went back to bed.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Cats do dream. Midnight was asleep on the bed, and she was out cold. Suddenly she lifted her head up, meowed like someone had nudged her, then went right back to sleep. It was the funniest thing I've seen her do. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured they dreamed. He's always twitching in his sleep like he's chasing something, but I didn't know if they had nightmares. I guess they do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts