Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first I thought maybe I was just imagining things, it was just a fluke. But now I am sure, a bud of dried cat nip really does help a cat who has tummy upset/indigestion!

My struvite kitty had what I though was a permanently ruined digestion from years of Hills c/d kibble. Even months after a diet change to a canned food, she was still having trouble. She's on about 50% raw now and that has helped tremendously.

However every now and then I still see signs of tummy upset in her. She will start to lick her lips and swallow, and crouch in a certain posture. Sometimes she will start doing this weird snuffling thing, then jump down and vomit.

I used to give her pepcid when I saw these signs, but a couple of weeks ago, for some reason I decided to give her a bud of cat nip instead (I grow my own, and always cut off the first growth in buds in early summer). It worked!

Since then there have been two other instances, one just this morning, where I could see she was feeling iffy in her tummy, I gave her a bud, she ate it, and presto, symptoms gone!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Catnip tea is an herbal remedy for upset stomachs in humans also. My mom used to give it to us when we were babies and had colic.

It's not the best tasting stuff though....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts