Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never tried...

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of your cats like cat nip? 'Cos I've tried it a few times with mine, and they sniff at it for a while then give me that "eck!" face. To make matters worse, I bought them a 'cat spa' recently, the spa basically has three brushes, a neck rub and a paw pad for them to revel in. And Toffee took a go at one of the brushes, looked comfy enough. So I added the cat nip into the pockets of the brushes as indicated on the instructions. Now she doesn't go near the cat spa at all! And neither does Sandy, but I suspect he never knew what to do with it in the first place!!

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
mine seems to like it too... but I'm a little confused. do they actually eat it? because the only way it seems to do anything is if its rubbed on his toys and he gets a good whiff, then he perks up and gets all frisky. other than that, like if its on the carpet or something he kind of ignores it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
3 out of 4 cats recommend...
My fourth kitty likes it, she's just less interested. My sedate adult cats act like kittens around catnip.
:wink:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Sabby loves catnip and his cat spa! Justin wrote this song about the cat spa:

The kitty he won't like it
Rock the cat spa!
Rock the cat spa!

Man, that still cracks me up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey thanks for your replies. All the catnip I have are packets of dried leaves snipped into tiny bits, provided by the shop. It smells a bit like Chinese tea, don't know if it's supposed to smell that way? I've a bunch of Chinese bamboos at the balcony, and they go crazy with the leaves. I come home one day and most of the bottom row of leaves are nipped in half. So I figure perhaps they like the freshness about the leaves? Could it be that the cat nip I'm giving them is too dried for them to appreciate?

btw, I tried cat nip for my 2nd cat of long ago, she didn't like it too.

LOL Did Justin compose that song about my cats' spa? That is so cute.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
ci said:
LOL Did Justin compose that song about my cats' spa? That is so cute.
Sabby has a cat spa too. :) I think Justin wrote that immediately upon seeing the cat spa and Sabby going nuts for it.

Does yours look like this?

I should get some pictures of him playing with it. It's very cute.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Keeter goes ballistic over catnip!

Spaz, on the other hand..she likes it..but it seems to make her get sick because anytime she gets any, she ends up vomiting not long afterwards.

Allergic reaction, maybe? Who knows!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Annissa said:
Does yours look like this?
Yessss!!!! It's the exact same one! How do you get him to play with it? We're feeling like ours is growing to become a white elephant. I've tried to demonstrate on it but Toffee hates the smell of the catnip and Sandy is not getting the point - he'd rather rub his neck on the wall than on the cat spa. What do I do??

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Honestly, all I did was take it out of the box and he went crazy over it. He was playing with the combs, grabbing them in his mouth and throwing them in the air while I was trying to put the thing together. I was laughing at him so hard that I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and cut myself pretty badly on a staple. Sabby really adores catnip so that was probably what got him so interested in it.

I put catnip in the well on the very top of the spa because they're supposed to rub their teeth against that little nub that sticks up. The nub is supposed to clean their teeth. Sabby won't do that. He blows air through his nose into the well to blow the catnip out, then he eats it.

The cat spa might just be a toy your cats are never interested in. I think that's OK. I can't think of a single toy that every cat will love.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I buy dried catnip and put it on top of a rug (so as to not make a mess), and my kitty runs from wherever he is to the catnip, sniffs it suspiciously, then lies on it in a very lazylooking fashion and starts rolling it, eating it and getting it all over himself.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
My cats now love catnip. They act like they're on drugs hehe. One funny story though, at night if Sugar had some catnip, and I try to get her to go to bed and the lights are out in the house, she will think I'm chasing her and meow and go crazy and run everytime I'm near. Then when I turn on the lights she gets crazy again still. It's kitty crack I tell ya :!:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts