Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My cat is 4 years old. Since 3 to 4 days he is not eating much. He eats the food but very little amount. Though he seems very active plays very actively. He is an outdoor cat. He is neutered last year. Since then he goes outside for just poopy business and comes home in no time. But since last week he prefers being outside. He doesn't come home when called, he used to run when called earlier. He is usually food motivated. But when I followed him outside today he seems to be eating a lot of grass. I don't really know about his pooping and peeing. Today I forcefully feeded him some food. Though I'm planning on going to Vet tomorrow. I contacted Vet yesterday he suggested parasite medicine. Can anyone help me about his condition. How far he will be planning on not eating. I'm really worried 馃様

Registered
Cats are finicky sometimes, especially when they have an upset tummy. He could also be getting food elsewhere since you allow him outside. My boys go off their food when I've waited too long to worm them. I wouldn't worry too much. See what your vet has to say and go from there.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Registered
Since he is now mainly an outdoor cat he is finding his own food that he likely prefers to whatever you're feeding him----mice and moles, rats, birds, baby birds, baby rabbits, grasshoppers, crickets, and anything else he can find that he likes. Of course, when cats eat other animals, they can get parasites which can affect their health.

Registered
I would wait and see what the vet says. Could be parasites. Could be he鈥檚 hunting his own food. Could be he found a girlfriend! Go with what the vet tells you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts