Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first month or so we fed Cherry Science Diet(which was what the shelter gave us) and Friskies canned food. She would always eat all her canned food and then throughout the day she'd eat her dry food. But then we ran out of Science Diet and realized non of the stores sell it here so we had to switch her to Iams. We couldn't feed her it gradually since we couldn't find any Science Diet to do so with and my dad thought it was stupid to do that(even after I knew something was up with both Casie and Cherry and proved I know more about our pets, he still won't listen to me).

She seems to like the Iams way better, but she doesn't eat all her canned food anymore and doesn't eat all the dry food. She does have Coccidia and she still is using the litterbox regularly.

I'm a little worried because one of the things that happened to Casie was that she wasn't eating because of her tumor. I asked my dad to take her to the vets but I don't know if she just likes the Iams better and doesn't want the wet food or what.

We feed her 1/2 a cup of dry food and 1/3 of a can of canned food(before we got the Iams it was 1/2 a can but I lowered it because she wasn't eating as much of it).

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
The best food for your cat is canned food that is "no-grain" (no corn, rice. wheat, barley, soy). Is she being treated for Coccidia? This may be suppressing her appetitie if she isn't. It is important that cats eat regularly every day. If cats do not eat for 3 days, they are at risk of developing "fatty liver disease". If Cherry is not eating, or only eating very little and is losing weight, she should be checked out by a vet. Also, some cats go off their food if they have problems with their mouth and teeth. All the best and keep us posted on Cherry.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She was treated a month ago for Coccidia and was eating fine then. I never fed Casie wet food so I had no idea which to pick and that was the kind the shelter said she was fed, so that was what we picked.

We'll probably take her to the vets next week if we can get an appointment, I hope I'm just over reacting. She is eating most of her dry food and does seem hungry(I filled the container her food is stored in when I got home and she practically jumped in to eat).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts