Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having an issue with my 5ish year old cat popping on my floors, at wits end with her, need suggestions, I have tried all and she has a clean bill of health HELP

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Is this a new behavior with her? Do you have only one litter box? If so, get a second one and put it in a different location in a quiet place free from traffic area. Have you changed to a different type of litter?---if so, she may be telling you she doesn't like it. Make sure her boxes are cleaned every day, morning and evening, of any pee clumps or poop. Don't give her any excuses to avoid the box. You can try Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter.....I've have good success at getting one of my cats to use the litter box again. Sometimes a cat will start pooping outside the litter box because it associates the box with trying to pass a hard dry poop and it causes the cat pain or discomfort. If you think that may be the cause, add a little water to canned food to soften her poop. Hope some of these suggestions will be helpful. All the best!

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Are you using scented litter? Most cats prefer unscented. Are there other animals in the house that could prevent her from using the box?
Many cats feel vulnerable when they're on the box and want a clear line of sight around them. If the box is enclosed, take the top off, if it's tucked away out of sight, put it somewhere that she can see if someone is approaching.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts