Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to this site today. I have a 3 year old male indoor cat. I got him from the Humane Society in December. At first he was sneezing and one eye closing. The vet ordered Clavamox for him. He got better within a week I'd say. Now he is coughing and not vomiting. He basically a short-hair cat with longer fur on his belly. I thought maybe he was trying to spit up a hairball. So I change his food to Indoor Cat Hairball Control. He just kept coughing. Now the vet ordered him Clavamox again for Upper Repiratory Infection. After the first week, he was still coughing. So I ordered another 1 week dosage and he is still coughing. I'm wondering how long do I need to continue giving him Clavamox until he stops coughing. I'm just worried it is something else. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Allergies are a possibility. Any changes in the house? A smoker? Change in laundry detergent, carpet cleaner or any household sprays? Allergies are usually hard to nail down the cause. Since he got better on the Clavamox for a little while, I would continue with the Clavamox for a somewhat longer and hopefully it will clear him up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts