Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took Maleke to the vet. The last couple of times I have taken him he seriously acts like a child! It is SO weird! He sits on the examining table, but his body is leaning against me. Whenever he hears footsteps outside the examining room he comes over to me and stretches up to be picked up and cuddles up on my shoulder and holds on with his nails. Today my boyfriend came with me. While we were in the examining room I walked over to look at a chart across the room. As soon as I moved Maleke jumped down from the table, and stood up on his back legs again to be picked up! Once I picked him up he was fine!

I think it is SO CUTE that he does this! I have never had a cat do this before, and it's nice to see he's so attached to me and trusts me more than anyone. I'm glad I raised him to trust me. It's strange though, how childlike it is when he does this. 8)

·
Registered
562 Posts
I thought my Dusty was the only one that did the "up, Mommy, up" move with his paws stretched up to me. He does this whenever something strange is going on (like loud noises outside), but more so at the vet's.

·
Registered
77 Posts
LOL :D Yup! My Maubee is the same way. (He was the one with the cough - I saw your other post.) Though he also tries to hide in the corners or in his carrier so the vet won't find him.

He gets all cuddly clingy and dorky. He looks at me with big round eyes as they examine him. 8O 'help me mom!'

Then he usually tries to climb into the vet's pocket to hide. :lol:

Poor guy. He's such a mama's boy.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
How cute..."Save me, Mommy!!"

My puppy does this. She only wants me and "dad" to hold her. If someone else reaches for her, like the vet or groomer, she climbs to be held.

Wish Stephen did that... She just freaks out and claws me trying to get away.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
<sigh> I wish...

Assumpta turns into Avenger, Death-Kitty of Doom as soon as she sees the carrier. Last time we were at the vet's, she hissed so much that the vet started giggling and thanking her for making the dental exam so easy. :roll: Then she tries to escape into the trash can under the counter. Then she starts growling. And I'm left trying to explain that she really IS a nice cat when she's at home, :oops: really, she is!

OTOH, she must make quite an impression, since all the techs and receptionists and both vets always ask after her by name if we meet up by chance in the local stores or restaurants ("How's Assumpta? Has she eaten any children lately?").

Anyhow, she's quite the little personality.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL Gudewife.....your kitty is really funny! :lol:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Maleke said:
LOL Gudewife.....your kitty is really funny! :lol:
:lol: She's what you'd call a "handful." :lol: I just try to be comforted by the fact that she always curls up on my chest when she's sick (after asking nicely with a soft little paw on my arm), and the vet once told me that her (the cat's, obviously) heart rate and respiration slowed down noticably whenever I patted her during the exam and said "She must really trust you a lot!" So I guess I did something right with her.

Ah, well...despite her little quirks, she's a wonderful cat. Last time my mother-in-law visited, Assumpta stood at the top of the stairs and just hissed at her while she was standing in the kitchen minding her own business. 8O I had to leave the room to keep from laughing. :lol:

·
Registered
676 Posts
haha, that's sooo cute. My little Tage does that, but alll the time. He's always been super obsessed with me, but I personally like the kitty hugs :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Otis does the "Up, Mommy" dance all the time. He's all boy. Jazz, on the other hand, is all cat -she just hops on up whever she pleases - usually using her claws as leverage if you don't respond to her depands immediately... Then again, so children I know are like that also :?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts