Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am (obviously) a cat person living in Illinois. I have eight indoor/outdoor cats of my own at the moment. All but one are rescues, I like to make the joke that it is amazing how these spayed/neutered cats keep reproducing. ;)
The main reason I joined here is because I recently picked up a feral cat who had been hit by a car, this was two weeks ago. I attempted to take her to the vet, but unfortunately I did not have a cat carrier with me, and she revived half-way to the vet clinic and proceeded to go rather insane in the interior of my car while I was driving. She crawled into the inside of my dashboard, and it took me a full day to get her back out! It was an extremely exciting morning, LOL.
She is now living in a six foot by three foot rabbit hutch in my barn, not knowing her health status I was reluctant to bring her indoors with my other cats. She is eating well and using a litterpan, but now I am afraid she may be pregnant. If she was not pregnant, wouldn't she be going into heat now? Or could the stress and the car accident have messed up her heat cycles? She does seem to have a little bit of a "pot belly" so to speak, but this is probably the first time she has ever had regular meals, so could it just be that she has been gorging some?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts