Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my name is Tiffany I have a unfixed young female cat. Her name is Nikki, she is sweet loving and affectionate. I am having a problem with her that I'm hoping that someone can help give me in the right direction. She is having urinary issues. She goes to the litter box and she sits in the litter box but does not pee. She'll also try to pee anywhere she can in the house including on me, on furniture, on the walls and my bed. She will walk past the litter box just to pee somewhere else. But still is not peeing. She's also in heat and I believe she might be constipated. She's acting normal she's not lethargic or anything like that. The main reason why I'm bringing this up here is that I cannot afford to take her to a vet. I am disabled and on a set income. I'm very worried and scared for her. Does anyone know about a low income veterinary clinic and the Kansas City Missouri or Belton Missouri area that I can take her to? I would really appreciate anyone's help and comments. Please wish me the best of luck in getting her help.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Hi Tiffany,
Your best bet is to check with your local Humane Society, or a local TNR (trap, neuter, release) clinic, they can often help point you in the right direction for low cost care, explain your situation to them, and see where it leads.

It does sound like your furbaby may have urinary/bladder issues, and a visit to vet may be of upmost importance!
Good Luck for both of you!
Sharon

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I agree with 10cts2dogs suggestions. Nikki is doing what all female cats do when they're in heat......go about marking her territory to attract tomcats, and she will continue to do so with her next heat which could occur in a few weeks' time or less. Do try and get her spayed as soon as possible. Continual heats can lead to other serious problems, such as Pyometra (infection of the uterus), a life-threatening condition that must be treated aggressively and quickly, and will cost a lot more $$$ than a spay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts