Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here and im sure this problem has been addressed many times.

But I have one male cat that is neutered that will not quit peeing on everything. The cat has pretty much ruined my couch. I have tryed to clean this up the best i can. What are some of the best cleaners to use to help clean the smell out of it?

The cat also likes to pee on folded clean cloths that are left sitting on the dryer. So i know there is no smell cause it doesn't matter whats sitting up there. Also there has been a couple times were the dryer door gets opened and the cat gets in there and pees on the cloths in there.

I keep the litter boxs clean. I have two boxes because i have multiple cats.

I have also put the cat in the bathroom with just a litter box and food and water for awhile and he seems to do good for a couple days after that, and then its back to normal again.

This has been a problem sense i have had him. Is there something i can spray on the couch to keep him off it at least. I tryed some stuff from walmart but i think it fades after an hour or two. And the cat knows i don't like him doing it because he does it in secret.. I have only caught him doing it like once or twice.

Sorry for the long post but this is extremely frustrating... Especially after you sit down and realize your sitting in pee. :evil: Or you find out your clean cloths are not actually clean...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Bad Cat: Well, your kitties not bad, he's obviously doing this for a reason and I'm sure it's not spite! lol.

I've been through the same thing, a lot of us personally have here.
First off... put him in a room with no carpet, bathroom what have you. Make sure it's well ventilated, has his OWN clean litter box that is LARGE, food/water away from the litter & toliet, and of course toys.

Set up a vet appt. to address this problem. He needs to see the vet, it can be something physical, often easily treated, thought it can also be behavioral which the vet can also help you with.
Until his appointment, leave him in the bathroom, sure you can go in and visit him but don't let him out.

Nature's miracle can work great as an enzyme/stain eliminator to get the pee out to the point where not only you but your cat (a real important part here) can no longer smell it. You can buy Nature's Miracle at just about any lps (local pet store).

Here is a website to help with some many ideas you can do to help your kitty, and your sanity.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/1151/houstrng.htm

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Maybe you need another litterbox if you have multiple cats. Usually they recommend one litterbox per cat plus an additional one. I hope you found out if your kitty has any medical condition like UTI first. Good luck :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts