Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a cat perch/shelf for their cat(s)? I saw this at a local pet store today and picked it up right away. I put it in the bedroom because it matches and to try to get at least one of the cats to use this at night instead of all squishing on the bed. They probably still will. lol. Sophie is the only one who likes it so far. The others jump off immediately.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
That's a nice cat perch! I have one on the window in my den, although it's just plain off-white. The perch covers half the window sill, and my little sweethearts invariably sit on the other half of the window sill, being the bare wooden part. They just like to annoy me. :fust

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
My girls love the window sills, too. I think I would be throwing money away if I bought one.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a nice cat perch! I have one on the window in my den, although it's just plain off-white. The perch covers half the window sill, and my little sweethearts invariably sit on the other half of the window sill, being the bare wooden part. They just like to annoy me. :fust
Lol thats what the other cats have been doing. We even moved the bed closer so they can jump on it but they still jump on the ground. I bet they will still sleep on the bed at night though. I might just end up taking it back lol, you go out of your way and spend money on nice cat stuff and they don't even use it. Lol

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Oh no...you must keep it. Sophie looks soooo cozy on there, and besides, it's really pretty (I have a very big pretty button! :D)

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
We have two types... One with sucker cups that stick on the window and another that goes on the window sill.
Joy seems to prefre the one on the window sill since it is more solid and hard. (she is not a fan of anything soft and fluffy!)
See pictures below...

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
What a cute picture, she looks like she's had a little too much catnip.....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ragdoll Joy, that picture is killing me! I have that same perch in the second picture, my old girl Pookie loved it, Muffin never did. I took it down, I should put it back up and see if the new girls like it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha, no Sophie isn't dominant, she was just the first one who would stay on it for more than 5 seconds. lol. Anna actually used it last night and actually fell asleep on it. We moved a bunch of furnature around so make it easier for them to jump up on it. I swear, the things we do for our babies. :worship

I saw a few of the suction cup ones, I was just scared that it would fall down if all of them were jumping on it. If it fell just once none of them would go near it ever again. lol

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got some new pics of Anna on the perch. She loves it the most, she has been there all day. Yay finally someone who appeciates it. :grin:

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
What a great find, it really looks like a little matching sofa for cats! I love it, your kitties look like they are really enjoying it!

:) Fran

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh, I wish my lot showed any interest in cat perches as anything other than a dog ambush point.

It's a beautiful perch, Anna and Sophie look very comfortable! Anna in particular, she has a very lady of the manor look about her in that first photo.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have a question for anyone with these kind of perches (that have the thing underneath against the wall to keep them from falling over). Do they damage the wall where they're pressed against?

I was thinking of getting one like this for the bedroom window, but everytime I look at the suctions/braces underneath I worry they'll dent/damage the wall. Any scuffs or damage need to be something a magic eraser can deal with, otherwise we'll lose some of the damage deposit. Especially if they're not sturdy, and Io has a tendancy to make flying leaps onto things, I wouldn't want it to wreck it (or her) from the banging/sliding.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
No marks from what I can see...
As far as the suction cup one...Joy doesn't really use it much so as far as holding her and not falling, its alright so far! She is just a little over 4lbs and hasn't given way yet during her "pass throughs" to the other window sill...
The brace one is working great! She can be quite the "spaz cat" and it's holding up great to her leaps so far! She loves the window sill one the best! Always laying on it at night and watching the cars and such during the day. We leave a little crack open in the window and she is enthrawled with the fresh air!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts