Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont understand, we got a brand new carpet, because the old one was disgusting and ruined my dog and cat ****. The cat had been using the litter until the other day she decided to pee and poop on the brand new carpet, I always make sure the litter is clean and everything. I don't understand why she did this. Now my sister said I have to get rid of my cat missy. So since the other day I 've kept her outside at all times, I even feed her outside. It seems like she just wants to come in to eat, and sleep on the new couch. My sister cleaned the pee and poop and I still smell the cat urine, I've looked up all kinds of sprays to get rid of the smell, but don't know if it will reuin the carpet. Does anyone have suggestions and to what I can use to get the smell out, and to know why the cat acted like that. And also the keep her from doing it again.

HELP

·
Registered
29 Posts
How many litter boxes to you have? I recommend getting a black light and checking the area out. Urine will glow if it is still present. I have used Natures Miracle Feline and always use an overkill amount to make sure I get everthing. I have not used the feliway diffuser yet, but have had much success with the feliway spray directly on and around the area that the cat is urinating.

·
Registered
93 Posts
She's doing it because it's an unfimiliar smell, you don't have to get rid of her because it will stop.

I find that vinegar gets rid of the smell because the acid condradicts the ammonia in cat pee. There are all sorts of cleaning products for this sort of thing. This may sound funny but I find that if one of my kitties pees or poops somewhere they shouldn't and I clean it up, I can still smell it but no-one else can. Try asking someone who doesn't live in your house to come over, take a sniff as they come in and let you know if they can smell it. Chances are, they can't. Happens to me all the time, just being paranoid.

I've put laminated flooring all around my house, except for the hall. They don't like to pee on it and if they do it's really easy to clean up. I've left the hall carpeted so they can still get a good run about (it's very long) but they've got the hang of running on laminate. It's funny sometimes because they slide about and I'm sure they enjoy it really.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts