Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice subject huh? lol. My landlord is being a pain about my cats and their litter pan. He keeps bugging me to change the litter daily. Which as we all know is a pain. Anyways, I wanted to get one of those litter pans that you pull up the top pan, the litter drains, and it leaves the cat poop at the top. If I got the flushable litter and I did this could I just flush the poop down the drain? I don't want to have to take out the poop to the trash everyday b/c we have to pay per bag with our trash. Does anyone know about this? Also, does anyone else have the litter pans like that? Do they work? Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks!!

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
I was thinking you could try something like the litter locker. You just turn the handle and it seals the bag of poop. Then you don't have to take the garbage out right away, because it no longer stinks.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
You could also put your hand inside a small trash bag to get the stuff out of the box and then flush it.

In any case, I believe the litterbox you are talking about is the Omega Paw or something like that. I *think* Payge has one.

G

·
0 Posts
I've got a Litter Locker and it's the best thing I've bought as far as kitty toiletries are concerned. It definitely cuts down on trips to the trash can.

I also have the Omega Paw litter box that you tilt to the side and the waste empties into a drawer that you pull out for disposal. My cats like to dog to the bottom to pee and the clumps at the bottom never came out. I eventually wound up taking the sifter and drawer out and using it like a regular covered litter box.

[/url]

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Another vote for Litter Locker. Even my husband, who is the king of hating unnecessary pet supplies, likes it (don't even ask about the day I came home with Assumpta's adorable oval-shaped "whisker bowls"). Assumpta isn't a smelly cat (especially since we stopped using clay litter), but it really cuts down on bag use cleaning the litterbox, plus it gets cleaned more often. I have a tiny septic system, so I really am loath to flush litter, even the "flushable" stuff.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
We use Feline Pine Litter.. It keep the box in the bathroom.. then whenever they go, i use a litter scoop and flush it.. It's easy and no smell!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I know what that's like, and it's worse with two cats. I have a large litter plastic container I put on my deck. When the litter has to be changed, I double grocery bag it (which prevents most of the smell) and then put it outside in the plastic bin (with a cover). I never smell anything inside or on the deck. I remove the stuff on the deck when my regular garbage is changed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts