Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a male cat that is about 8 years old. He is fixed. The problem is that he poops where he shouldn't and I don't know why. I have 2 litter boxes for him in the utility area of my basement and he pees in his boxes all of the time, but poops in the boxes only some of the time. I keep them very clean. He poops on the carpet in my basement instead. He has also pooped on my kids bed. WHY? Anyone out there with any ideas???

Thanks

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
to the boards! You will find great information here. We used to have a Siamese cat that would poop in clothes, shoes, beds, etc, when she got mad at us 8O Every time we went on vacation, when we came back, for about a week, we would find "presents" everywhere. And one of my aunt's cats, also a Siamese :roll: poops only in my UNCLES stuff....because she doesn't like him :lol: She has never gone in my aunt's things!! I'm sorry I don't really have any advice for you, but you aren't alone :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a problem somewhat like yours, except that my cat pees near his litterbox. what i read on the net is that sometimes the cat might not want to poop in his box when he doesn't like his litter. Is there too little litter that he can not cover his poop with? Maybe you can put another box on another floor of the house as he might associate pooping in the basement with something unpleasant he had experienced earlier. Hope it helps u a little!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a problem somewhat like yours, except that my cat pees near his litterbox. what i read on the net is that sometimes the cat might not want to poop in his box when he doesn't like his litter. Is there too little litter that he can not cover his poop with? Maybe you can put another box on another floor of the house as he might associate pooping in the basement with something unpleasant he had experienced earlier. Hope it helps u a little!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts