Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cat who is just a loving, social, gentle soul and he seems to have a cute bond with my 3 year old. She will pull at his tail and lay on him and he continues to be by her side and follow her around and sit next to her when she plays. When she goes to sleep he will sneak into the room and lay on her bed. If she cries, he walks up to her and rubs his head on her. You know toddlers can be rough and she has stepped on him and made him meow a few times, but he has never clawed or bitten. Does anyone else who has young ones notice the same trend in behavior? Is it because the cat can identify babies and young therefore geared towards protection of the young? Just curious what you think/theories on this.

·
Super Moderator
26,663 Posts
I think sometimes they can recognize the difference between pain caused by innocence and that caused by cruelty. My parents' Doberman would let my niece sit on her and playfully pull at her ears and tail.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Yes, I think cats are forgiving of gentle older toddlers who know how to be gentle, but I've seen many a cat scatter out of the way in a hurry at an out-of-control baby who's learning to walk or run.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I don't know if it's a good idea for them to sleep together. Remember, cat's will steal a baby's breath.:)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
stealing breath

I don't know if it's a good idea for them to sleep together. Remember, cat's will steal a baby's breath.:)
i think it's the other way around in my house! i love our Angel so much that i feel like i'm stealing HER breath when she comes to breathe on my at night. ha ha!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts