Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a cat and I put it in a room because the shelter said to keep it in there for a week or so, I decided to go in to see if it needed food or water and it hissed at me and ran out, in the moment I grabbed the cat and put it back in the room which resolved in multiple scratches, I was wondering if the bond is ruined? If it needs more time please help.

·
Registered
Lady Silver Belle The Destroyer, Of Clan Grey Tiger
127 Posts
When we rescued our cat, she was half grown, half starved and frightened out of her wits. I'd gotten more than a few scratches and bites during those early days. I remember one particularly bad time when she got into a storage room filled with boxes of stuff we (still) need to go through. I had to get her out because letting her stay in there would have been bad all the way around. I had to corner her to pick her up. She bit me hard and gave me a couple of good swipes. Of course, it made me angry and I cursed her soundly as I held her by the scruff. We didn't talk to each other for awhile, but we got over it and move forward. Belle and I are best buds and she's one of the best behaved cats I've known.

Keep being patient, understanding and forgiving and things will work out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts