Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Our local help group is here: http://www.foap.on.ca/ Friends of Abandon Pets.

I am the only resident in an industrial area, I feed no less than a dozen strays all year long (In the winter especially) Every year a few of us get together and round up as many of the kitten sized strays as we can and have them fixed for a special price of 10 dollars. They only offer the special once every spring, but it is slowly making a dent in the stay population around here. Nothing pains me more than to know there are little kitties out in the bitter cold. We commonly see -40 here, in fact we just went through a 2 week cold snap that saw these kind of numbers every night. I was quick to set up a shelter made of cardboard & wood but the strays are reluctant to share. I usually end up buying 50lbs bags of dry food each month from Dec-March. By no means expensive but a pain for sure!....not as painful as seeing them hungry though!

My friends comment on how fat the strays are around here! I am proud of that part but it still breaks my heart to know the real truth.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I was browsing through some old forums and found this one. Thanks for the website Catman. It is very informative to know they have these rescue meets around my area.

Max&Ben,
I think it is so wondeful that you do this for kittens and cats not even belonging to you. It would definitely break my heart to see so many unwanted cats but around my apt. I never see strays which is kind of a good thing. Keep up the good work :lol:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
You are such a dilligent member, kitkat ..reading every bit of information here - here is a big round of applause from me :)

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Hehe thanks, after reading all the new posts I'm just curious as to what the old posts are too. I love to read interesting things and learn new stuff, it gets pretty informative. =_

1 - 6 of 6 Posts