Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new sofa and love seat. It has taken my crew less than a year to totally destroy them through scratching,.

I understand there is cat proof/cat resistant furniture. However, when I search on google just ads for such an item, my search results are just generic ads from furniture stores. When I click the link there is nothing about cat resistance.

Does anyone know of a brand that sells sofas/love seats that are designed to be cat resistant?

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
There isn’t any cat resistant furniture on the market. Just cover your furniture with a nice thick blanket and when it’s worn out buy another blanket.

·
Super Moderator
27,226 Posts
I like microfiber furniture. It's definitely not cat-resistant, but my cats don't scratch my furniture (due to lots of scratchers next to my furniture when they were younger). Messes clean up great (hairballs, thrown up food, etc.). That said, I do use furniture covers, which I take off when I have company. I think your best bet may be double-sided tape where they scratch the furniture.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Microfiber works the best. Go to any furniture store and ask about the material. I have also had good luck with velvet, oddly. A cover is a good idea. You could also buy or have made a slipcover that is smooth and a bit shiny. The idea is to reduce the opportunity to engage the claws.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts