Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few sayings I found from a book called "Cat Rules: Virtues of the Feline Character"--

"If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat." -Mark Twain

"Cats know everything there is to know about meditation." -Veronique Vienne

"Kittens are born with their eyes shut. They open them in about six days, take a look around, then close them again for the better part of their natural lives." -Stephen Baker

"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." -Alfred North Whitehead

"Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function." -Garrison Keilor

"A kitten is chiefly remarkable for rushing about like mad at nothing whatever, and generally stopping before it gets there." -Agnes Repplier

"Most of us rather like our cats to have a streak of wickedness. I should not feel quite easy in the company of any cat that walked about the house with a saintly expression..." -Beverly Nichols

"There is no need for a piece of sculpture in a home that has a cat." -Wesley Bates

"The cat has too much spirit to have no heart." -Ernest Menaul

"Cat people are different, to the extent that they generally are not conformists. How could they be, with a cat running their lives?" -Louis J. Camuti, DVM

"In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats." -English Proverb

"There are no ordinary cats." -Colette

"A cat's got her own opinion of human beings. She don't say much, but you can tell enough to make you anxious not to hear the whole of it." -Jerome K. Jerome

"Cats are the ultimate narcissists. You can tell this because of the time they spend on personal grooming. Dogs aren't like this. A dog's idea of personal grooming is to roll in a dead fish." -James Gorman

"Purring would seem to be, in her case, an automatic safety-valve device for dealing with happiness overflow." -Monica Edwards

"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." -Leonardo da Vinci

"Love to eat them mousies, Mousies what I love to eat. Bite they little heads of, Nibble on they tiny feet." -B. Kliban

"We humans are indeed fortunate if we happen to be chosen to be owned by a cat." -Anonymous

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." -Anonymous

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You cannot get eight cats to pull a sled through snow." -Jeff Valdez

"Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want." -Joseph Wood Krutch

"Most cats, when they are out, want to be in, and vice versa, and often simultaneously." -Dr. Louis J. Camuti

"A cat is a puzzle for which there is no solution." -Hazel Nicholson

"Who can believe there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" -Theophile Gautier

"The phrase 'domestic cat' is an oxymoron." -George Will

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior." -Hippolyte Taine

"My cat does not talk as respectfully to me as I do to her." -Colette

"A man has to work so hard so that something of his personality stays alive. A tomcat has it so easy, he has only to spray and his presence is there for years on rainy days." -Albert Einstein

"When I play with my cat, who knows if I am not a pastime to her more than she is to me?" -Michel de Montaigne

"To bathe a cat takes brute force, perseverance, courage of conviction--and cat. The last ingredient is usually hardest to come by." -Stephen Baker

"As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat." -Ellen Perry Berkeley

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Rosewood said:
"Love to eat them mousies, Mousies what I love to eat. Bite they little heads of, Nibble on they tiny feet." -B. Kliban
Oh I loved all of them but this is the best :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts