Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve heard that scented cleaning products can be harmful to cats. The problem is that almost every cleaning product out there for floors and dishes is scented. What would you recommend that I try?

·
Super Moderator
26,809 Posts
I could list the products I use, but what if something happens? This is your responsibility as a pet owner. Most products have safety information on the packaging. If they don't, their website will or you can call their toll-free number.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I do as much of my cleaning as I possibly can with just a vinegar and water mixture, sometimes with a little bit of dish soap added for heavy cleaning like floors. That mixture will do almost anything that any other fancy cleaner will do. If you don't use manufactured products, which are very costly for what you get, then you won't have any worries about it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I use baking soda to clean and deodorize lots of things around the house, and read it was safe for pets. I don't add it to litter boxes or buy litter with baking soda because it seemed to bother my cats, but do clean the boxes with it and rinse them thoroughly. You can google all the uses and see what you think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts