Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that dogs are often scared of them, but my cat Minnie hides whenever there is thunder, and even sometimes if it is just heavy rain. She hides in the back corner of the closet, inside of a cardboard box. I put the radio on to cover up the sound and that seems to have helped tonight, but the other night we had a really bad storm and she wouldnt even come out for dinner, which is really strange for her.

She is a former stray, so I figure she must have had some bad experiences being stuck outside.

I was just curious if anyone else had cats that were scared of storms?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Barnaby used to freak out when it stormed. The moment he heard thunder he would run behind the couch and stay there until it stopped. Even after he developed arthritis he would run so fast.

Lily is also scared of thunder and will hide under a recliner until it stops. I find it strange since not even the vacuum cleaner phases her.

Storms did not phase Baxter nor do they phase Rocky

·
Registered
238 Posts
Orry is terrified of thunderstorms. I leave the TV on if there's a chance of thunder because it does help diminish the sound of it . He will usually stay very close to me if not on my lap until he calms down.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
It's been off-and-on thundering all evening. Margaux's a little braver than Celia, who's extremely skittish to begin with, but both have now disappeared. The poor little Celia came out to eat twice and both times it started rumbling again. I don't know if they can feel something or what, but she suddenly looked up, then sort of quickly went down the hall, tail really low, trying to decide where to hide. She's under my bed right now. And probably quite hungry.

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
Onyx used to "hide" by sticking her head between the couch and end table with her back end sticking out into the room. Too funny!

Callie was stray that I took in. Whenever there was a thunderstorm she just looked thrilled that she wasn't out in it.

The three I have now aren't bothered unless it's a really, really bad one.

·
Super Moderator
26,658 Posts
We rarely have them here, but when we dio my girls are scared. I think because they're (mostly) used to the fireworks every night at the new place, a thunderstorm won't be quite as horrible now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts