Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My cat Jazzy, does some unusual things - first she won’t use her scratching posts and she’s ruining my couch. I’ve tried catnip scratchers but she just looks at them. When she does scratch the couch I say “no” and take her to the scratching post and put her paws on it. After 6 months, it’s not working. Next, she does not play with her toys. No matter how I try, no luck. She’s just a super chill cat. One last thing, she paws at my hair and will eat it every early morning. I have to put the blanket over my head. What in the world is that. I’ve had cats for 30 years, but Jazz is stumping me. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
26,687 Posts
I would try using double-sided tape for the ends of the couch, if that's where she's scratching. And putting those flat cardboard scratchers next to where she scratches.

My Cali used to mess with my hair, too, but I just figured she was "grooming" me. I would let her get a couple of licks in, then distract her.

Reactions: Kiki's Mom

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, that double sided tape cured a cat i once had of ever getting near the area on the sofa she had been tearing up. worked like a charm.
Now, the first few days? i had to keep replacing the tape, but by day3? the cat was DONE.

I left the tape on for several months and the cat was so disgusted by the tape, that even after i removed it? the cat never ever ever touched that spot on the sofa ever again. Cat did not even notice the tape was gone.
Also, there are sofa-protectors sold on amazon, that are clear fairly pieces of plastic to pin in place over corners and sides and backs of sofas. I have never used one,but the ad looks nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts