Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My cat will not stop scratching everything, I have tried sprays, double-sided tape, foil, citrus spray, plastic, cinnamon pretty much everything you read about and I have even tried coins in a tin, saying no sternly. Nothing stops her from scratching the furniture or everything else. Does anyone have any other solutions they have tried and it has worked. She is destroying my furniture.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi, I am still trying to integrate a new cat to my other cats. I am moving apartments very soon and I was wondering what is the best way to move my cats into my new place. Should I move my new cat first and then my older cats or vice versa? How long should I allow the cat(s) to get used to the new place before bringing the other cat(s), obviously in an ideal world? Thanks

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Since cats tend to be territorial and independent (not a herd or pack animal) I would likely move all of them together, since your new apartment will be a new territory to them all. This way they may all adjust to each other as well as to the new surroundings at the same time. Let them pick out an area they want to claim. Things may be a bit chaotic and some hissy fits at first, but if you treat them all as a "family".....giving them treats at the same time, meals at the same time in same room, some play with a wand toy, they should adjust, tho it may take a few weeks at least. Cats' personalities are all so different from one being outgoing and adventurous, another being shy and timid, another being friendly to all cats/ people or standoffish----it all depends on their personality and genes. Good luck and all the best!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Put multiple appropriate scratching items blocking the places she is trying to scratch. Ultimate cat scratcher is a good one....get 3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts