Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what this is exactly...He had this before because I had him in a harness for his leash. Is this feline acne, or just him scratching at whatever this is all the time?

I put the image as an attachment to this thread.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
My oldest cat, Sweet Pea, gets that under his chin and sometimes on the side of his face but he has hyperthyroidism and is on meds that cause his face to itch. Sweet Pea is almost sixteen years old now.

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you look closely under his chin, does he have little "black heads"? Sumo used to have chin acne....and sometimes it was really bad. Basically it's like clogged pores since they can't clean under there very well.

Not sure from your picture, but it could possibly be the result of him scratching at it.

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
If that's been there for any length of time, I'd get it checked out...

·
Premium Member
8,185 Posts
Could be cat acne...it can come and go. If it comes back, I'd take him to be checked out so the vet can prescribe some ointment. If it is cat acne, the best way to prevent that is make sure he is eating and drinking from glass dishes. Plastic holds bacteria and can cause the acne or make it worse.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could be cat acne...it can come and go. If it comes back, I'd take him to be checked out so the vet can prescribe some ointment. If it is cat acne, the best way to prevent that is make sure he is eating and drinking from glass dishes. Plastic holds bacteria and can cause the acne or make it worse.
Yeah I've read lots about that, I figured that's what it was. The cat that gets it just turned 1 on May 12th.

Glass dishes? Never heard of that one. I would need to get really heavy, sturdy ones since they always spill their water...on purpose.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can use stainless steel instead of glass. It is better than glass. Just clean it with dish soap every time you give him new food.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts