Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ya'll
Looking for a Cat Scratching / resting tree , any thoughts on this one, would be appreciated , is it a good buy?

Thanx in advance for any input.

·
Super Moderator
26,809 Posts
The link was removed because there was some inappropriate content on the page.

But here is the picture of the cat tree in question. $450. Nope, not a typo, $450.

Wood Natural material Floor Chair Flooring

Anyone who would pay $450 for this cat tree needs some serious help. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The link was removed because there was some inappropriate content on the page.

But here is the picture of the cat tree in question. $450. Nope, not a typo, $450.

View attachment 131961

Anyone who would pay $450 for this cat tree needs some serious help. Just my opinion.
Thanx for the Heads up.
any ideas what i should maybe offer the seller , seller is stating OBO
It also states this info:
Brand new / mint condition Cat Climbing / Scratching tree 52 Inches high x 4 Inches thick , Very solid and sturdy. Solid Oak 18 x 18 Inch x 1 1/2" thick Base for very stable tree. Tree is made with an actual dried tree , which gives it a very tree type look. Tree wrapped in Sisal Rope for easy climbing and prefect for scratching. Very strong Rug type covering on resting platforms. Can bring to Winnipeg & surrounding areas. OBO

·
Super Moderator
26,809 Posts
I seriously wouldn't buy that cat tree. It's way overpriced and kind of boring. Some of the other cat trees further down on the page were very cool.

Check out Chewy.com, Amazon, Wayfair.....

Chewy.com $54.99

Building House Flooring Wood Fixture

Amazon $49.99

Wood Art Pet supply Font Plywood

·
Registered
446 Posts
Definitely do not buy that cat tree. It's a serious rip-off. No cat needs for their scratching tree base to be made of oak, not to mention that will be very, very heavy to move. There are so many others that are more practical, more fun for the cat, and cheaper. Actually if you are handy with any tools at all you can build one really cheaply. There are YouTube videos that will show you how.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did check out some cat tree / tower ratings by youtuber: All About Cats

what I got out of it , most of them are Flimsy Construction / Cheap flimsy faux fur / not sturdy at all / they seem to shake / to small holes for cats / wobbly when cats jump on them / don't last long , don't think i would buy any of those.
I think if this one in question that looks build strong, not wobbly ,sturdy, with not a bunch of useless fancy stuff , looks actually more like a tree type cat climbing thing, made to last, quite elegant to me. I'd pay a bit more for something to last. But guess that's just my opinion. but I'll not go buy on a whim. but I am tempted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts