Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sasha is being very crazy lately. She will try to get attention by walking around us. But, she only does this so that we will go to where she wants us to go. Usually upstairs. Sometimes, the kitchen.

Now, when we do not go with her, she will come back and try again. Then maybe a third time. If we still do not go with her, she will wait until we are not looking and lay on the step and scratch at it. She even did this with our leather furniture as well.

This is becoming worse and worse. Today, while I was working (I work from home), I was very busy. I heard this scratching and when I went around the corner, she was laying on the step and scratching with this crazy look on her face :twisted: . I know that she was doing this to get my attention because she started to run downstairs.

I have no other choice than to close her in her room right now because I need to work. I have no idea how to get this to stop. She has been doing this for more than a week straight almost three - four times a day.

Before I get any responses about playing, let me tell you this. I play with her in the morning and at night daily. My wife plays with her sometimes as well.

Sticky paws may help, but she is not consistent on which step she scratches. (This is a new house with berber carpet!!!!)

Sasha is a rescue cat that is three years old. We have had her for three months now.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Rex

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to add

I forgot to add that we have scratching posts and pad at all three levels of the house and at proper locations.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We adopted our cat two years ago and she does the same thing. We have tried almost everything. Sprays, plastic, duct tape (works but leaves a stain) to sticky stuff which we end up stepping on and almost fall down the stairs. The only other thing I can suggest is to find a nice runner.

Good luck. If you find something that works. Please let us know.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts